26 January 2009

Christmas Cards by Ursula Dodge

BRRRR!!!!  it is currently negative six degrees here.  yes.  right now.  i'm typing this wearing my flannel jammies, down booties, a girlie pink thermal shirt, polar fleece jacket and polar fleece hat.  This back room we cavalierly call the "office" is not in the warm part of the house, so I shan't linger.  I shall spend the day sitting in the room with the pellet stove where the dogs and their stacks of beds are currently decamped, and I will get a lot of painting done today {after a stint on the treadmill, of course}.  I feed my horses four times a day and I will kiss them quickly and make sure their blankets are properly adjusted, but we won't be getting very much face time in this weather.  Prospero is very understanding as he has grown into a fine gentleman and he does not blame me for the weather.  My little redhead, Portia, is less so.  Down time makes her Furioso!  She bucks and shakes her fist at the gods and tosses her head and looks like a crazed little Pict with her dreadlocked mane and her impossibly thick tail and her furry feet.  With all this spare time on her hands she has been busying herself disassembling my barn.  I roll my eyes every time I go out there and discover what fresh mischief she has devised.  None of it is dangerous, just unsightly, and my "to do" list to finish the barn when the weather is decent again, just keeps getting longer, thanks to my darling girl.
I designed a line of Christmas cards for Masterpiece Studios when we first moved here last year and I have had many people contact me about where to purchase them.  In the not-too-distant future we are going to be selling the products I design for other companies from our own website, for now you can google my name or you can go to Masterpiece's website and click on "Where to Buy" at the top of their home page and a list of stores will come up.  If you type my name in as the keyword on their search you will get a page that shows all the designs of mine that they carry.  Good luck, and let me know if you need any assistance finding something, or wait for me to get further down that path and I'll be selling them myself!  Stay warm, and as our friend Fred says:  "Summer's comin'!"

No comments: